Homeopathic medicines for pets is a holistic method using natural substances to stimulate the body’s natural healing process. Just like in humans, homeopathy can be used to treat a wide variety of conditions, from allergies to diarrhea. Homeopathy concentrates on care of the whole animal with methods that are specific, gentle and sympathetic to the body’s needs. It is based on the utilization of specially prepared, refined dilutions of herbs, minerals and other natural substances, and can be a great alternative treatment option for pets.
We have several clients now brining their pets to us for homeopathic solutions. To seek advice in treating a variety of illnesses and disorders, including chronic conditions like digestive issues, skin irritations, arthritis, and respiratory problems. Homeopathic medicine can also be used to treat acute conditions such as diarrhea, bites, and stings. Homeopathy is an effective alternative or accompaniment to many conventional medicines and is often used as a last resort for treating chronic and recurring conditions.
The most commonly used homeopathic remedies include:
- Arnica – used for general pain relief and treating musculoskeletal injuries
- Euphrasia – commonly used to treat eye problems, such as conjunctivitis
- Sulphur – used to treat skin problems, particularly skin allergies
- Silica – used to expel foreign bodies, such as thorns or seeds, from the skin, and can also be used to treat abscesses and sinusitis
- Borax – good for calming pets during thunderstorms and fireworks
- Rhus tox – used to treat arthritis, red swollen eyes and skin infections
- Cantharis – used to relieve the symptoms of cystitis, as well as treat skin conditions and scalds and burns